Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > DS708 Updates Expired a year too soon. N...
DS708 Updates Expired a year too soon. Need help from Autel

5070 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2014-03-27 12:39:07

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    Jason Hunt
    2014-02-15 21:08:59
      I purchased the DS708 tool with the offer of 2 years of updates. My updates expired after 1 year. I sent a support complaint on this website and they responded that they've only known about 1 year of free updates ever offered. 
    Are you guys going to honor what is advertised to sell your products or not?

•   Level 3   
    (70) points
    alfa159200

2014-02-16 05:13:55 (Reply to:Jason Hunt)

Conatct your seller.
    As far as I know the 2 year update was special where the seller has to set this in the update system.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    tudi

2014-02-16 06:18:46 (Reply to:alfa159200)

as far as I know it was for 1 year

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-02-16 16:41:11 (Reply to:Jason Hunt)

I have seen this a lot where people offer 2 years to make it look like a better offer than
    the competition but in reality it has always been 1 year in usa I don't know about other
    countries contact your seller that is the one responsible not auteltech support

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    Jason Hunt
    2014-02-21 08:31:50 (Reply to:ede65)
    So you've seen this alot eh? ede65 has seen many tool re-sellers LIE just to sell an Autel scan tool when they also offer multiple others and could just as easily sell those instead. I did one better. I just let go of the thing on Ebay. Thank you for your help auteltech support.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-02-21 17:30:04 (Reply to:Jason Hunt)

Yes it is unfortunate what happend to you people will say anything to sell that is why it
    is always a good idea to buy from a known dealer and it was exactly on ebay where I
    have seen all this too good to be thruth deals I know you are very dissapointed and I
    don't blame you similars things happend to me in the past with other tools now I do
    my research before I buy anything good luck.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2014-02-23 20:00:16

I am sorry for your problem, but we only offer one year free update. If there is any special offer, they are only for some dealer's machines. 
    Some dealers will promise more than we can offer in order to promote sales, I am sorry it gives you the inconvenience. Pls contact your dealer and negotiate a solution.

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    Jason Hunt
    2014-02-23 21:45:02 (Reply to:ede65)
     I did not buy from the "people will say anything to sell" group. I purchased this tool from a tool distributor. ISN (Integrated Supply Network)(ToolWeb). I have been dealing with them for the last 25 years. They have no reason or interest in false information to promote sales because they sell thousands of tools which includes various scan tools from different manufacturers. I'm certain they advertise information they receive from the manufacturers. My question is: Why do so many that buy an Autel product, think they have a longer warranty/support than they actually have? My plans were to purchase the Maxisys pro, but not so much now. 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2014-02-24 19:59:55

I can't answer your question why the dealer will promise more than one year free update. In your case, I just suggest you contact the ISN support. And since you are definitely living in USA, you can also contact our US support at support@autel.us. 

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2014-03-27 08:07:45 (Reply to:Jason Hunt)

I bought the 708 when it first came out from cornwell tools.I knew of the tools
    existance a year before it came out in the usa. Never did I see autel advertise more the
    one year of support and updates. For thoughs of us that bought early on we did get 2
    years but that was because autel did not have there system in place for updating
    subsciptions. Everyone that has complained about not getting more then one year of
    updates should find paperwork of advertisement that says otherwise and take it up
    with the vender that sold it to them. I would not blame the false advertising on autel
    but instead on the venders.
  Total2 Pages